A fantastic recreational sailboat.
The Argo comes with an exciting asymmetric spinnaker system and the option of a simpler symmetrical spinnaker system ideal for training less experienced crews or for certain sailing conditions.
Incredibly versatile, the Argo is designed specifically for club training and has comfortable capacity for up to four adult crew. This could be an instructor and up to three pupils or a family of four. The Argo is also great sailed two-up or even singlehanded. It is the staff favourite here at Topper. The really spacious cockpit and high boom and the all important extra wide beam mean the power is easy to handle and guarantee a comfortable and stable sail.
- Single-line reefing Dacron mainsail allows power to be controlled depending on conditions and user ability.
- Roller Reefing Jib is simple enough for a beginner to use and fitted as standard.
- Spacious and well equipped cockpit with fantastic control systems keep things simple and are easy to use.
- Removable mast head float included as standard.
- High boom for comfort and safety for teaching.
- Hinged mast step for easy rigging by just one person.
- Grab rails and ‘Step On’ righting lines as standard.
- Extension righting rope to give greater leverage to smaller sailors.
- Gnav system as standard means the size of the cockpit is even further optimised.
- Double Chine means the ARGO is a safe stable platform.
- Extra wide 1.85m beam ensure that you can handle the power and guarantee comfort.
- Additional built in buoyancy and high freeboard guarantee perfect sailing without the boat taking on water or nose diving.
- A single-line spinnaker system enables effortless launches and recoveries.
- Stayed mast can be left up in dinghy park for quick rig/ de-rig.
- Lightweight Epoxy Glass rudder and centreboard as standard.
- Option Traditional SYMMETRIC SPINNAKER available.
- Hiking boat with Trapeze option ideal for developing trapeze technique.
- Bespoke designed combi trailer for an easy-life ashore.
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness, durability and low maintenance.
Fun for all the family
The Argo has safety features such as a mast head float, righting lines and grab rails all fitted as standard. An epoxy centreboard and rudder and the highest specification equipment also all come as standard.
More excitement for all
The Argo X option generates even higher performance with an added Gennaker System – while still retaining the excellent stability. The result; far more control and fewer spills than you’d expect from a boat with this much oomph.
Argo prices start at £8,295.00 (inc VAT.)
If you would like a more detailed quote to discuss you requirements, please contact one of our sales team for more information.
Our dedicated Sales Managers, Russ & Jon are always on-hand for any questions, or help you require.
We have an on-the-road parts and repairs shop and Russ attends various events across the country to fix or replace equipment. He is also a font of knowledge offering general advice and after-care for all our customers.
Below you will find all the support documents available for the Argo and Argo X. If you have any further questions or can’t find what you are looking for please let us know!