A Compact Junior Catamaran.
The Topaz 12 is the smallest catamaran in the Topper International range and is aimed at introducing youngsters to catamaran sailing at as early as possible.
The Topaz Catamarans have been designed by International multihull racing legends Yves Loday and Robert White. With such sailing experience and pedigree, not to mention their proven design track records, it comes as little surprise that the Loday/White team have produced such a stunning range of cats.
The Topaz 12 looks immaculate and has tremendous stability designed into the hulls with lots of volume in the bow to give the sailors a really confident feeling on the helm from the off.
Topaz 12 Features
- High foredeck with lots of volume in the bow area is great for stability and handling
- The built-in skeg design hulls (so no need for Daggerboards) make for simple user friendly sailing
- No boom makes for one less thing to worry about
- Lock-in beams provide a rigid sailing platform and solid hull performance
- Adjustable, safe and simple ‘Race’ Rudder System allows you to adjust the rake of blade dependent on conditions
- Fully battened mainsail provides exciting performance
- Durable and manageable Dacron radial-cut mainsail and cross-cut jib
- Reefing mainsail as standard
- Single-line ‘Race’ Gennaker System is easy and effortless to use
- Auto ratchet on the Gennaker blocks
- Sealed mast to slow down the boat inverting in a capsize
- Single Trapeze as standard
- Total weight fully rigged 85kg.
A great first boat
The key to the 12 is her simplicity. Rigging is quick and easy. The 12 is simple and lightweight enough to be operated by one child although it is primarily designed for two crew, a child and an instructor or two children sailing together. The 12 features a manageable and durable Dacron Radial cut Mainsail and cross-cut jib, a sealed mast and a safe and simple lifting rudder system.
Tremendous stability & speed.
The 12 X option generates even higher performance with an added Gennaker System – while still retaining the excellent stability. The result; far more control and fewer spills than you’d expect from a boat with this much oomph.
Topaz 12 prices start at £6,895.00 (inc VAT.)
If you would like a more detailed quote to discuss you requirements, please contact one of our sales team for more information.
Our dedicated Sales Managers, Russ & Jon are always on-hand for any questions, or help you require.
We have an on-the-road parts and repairs shop and Russ attends various events across the country to fix or replace equipment. He is also a font of knowledge offering general advice and after-care for all our customers.
Below you will find all the support documents available for the Topaz 12 and 12 X. If you have any further questions or can’t find what you are looking for please let us know!